The reason why our customers choose Scania is the emphasis they place on quality, an area in which Scania traditionally sets the standard among heavy vehicle manufacturers. To ensure that our products will maintain a high, uniform quality, we have standardised and documented our work process. This standardised and documented way of work forms the basis for a “normal situation”. By challenging the “normal situation”, we can identify waste and work with continuous improvements.
We see our suppliers as an integrated part of our manufacturing operation. That means that we have the same continuous improvements demands on our suppliers as on our own production units.
- IATF16949,VDA 6.1 or equal (Automotive Products)
- Scania Customer Requirements STD3868.
- Suppliers delivery only, or also, to Scania Buses and Coaches are referred to STD4248. Suppliers only delivering to Truck Bodies and Trailers are referred to STD3901 and STD4321.
- Customer approved source form is mandatory to submit to Scania with an RFQ to inform the (sub) supplier for any of the special processes defined in section 10.2 in STD3868 Customer specific requirements (surface treatment, heat treatment, forgings, steel works, shot peening, injection moulding tools, ductile iron).
- The “Form for customer approval of surface treatment” is mandatory to submit in all PPAPs under PPAP element 17. For a part without surface treatment, supplier shall make a note of “Surface treatment not applicable” in the comment to PPAP element 17.
Additions to IATF16949
- PPAP 4th Edition submission level 4
- Capability/process control for serial production (Cpk >1.33)
- Business continuity planning to map and prevent unexpected delivery stops to Scania
- Change control – No changes in products or production process without approval from Scania according to supplier change request routine (SCR). The requirements on an issued SCR are explained in the document linked below.
- Reports on request:
I. Product audit
II. Layout inspection and functional testing
III. Run at rate analysis